2022 Prospectus for Self-support Programs at Lanzhou University
Edit Time： View：0
Lanzhou University, founded in 1909，is a comprehensive university directly under the Ministry of Education in China. It is also one of the key construction universities of the national "985 Project" and "211 Project", and is one of the national "double first-class" construction universities.
Lanzhou University boasts of a wide range of disciplines, covering all 12 disciplines. Currently, a total of 13 disciplines including chemistry, physics, materials science, earth science, plant zoology, mathematics, engineering, biology and biochemistry, environment and ecology, clinical medicine, medicine and toxicology, agricultural science and social science has entered the top 1% of ESI, among which the chemistry reaches the top 1‰.
In 2022, Lanzhou University enrolls self-support students from all over the world.
I. Application time
1. For Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD: Jan. 2022 to Jun. 2022 (for Sep. 2022 Enrollment)
2. General visitors or language program: 1st Sep.-31st Dec. (Spring semester)
1st Jan.-30th Jun. (Fall semester)
3. Summer program：April to June
II. Study duration
Visiting scholar is 0.5-2 years, Bachelor’s Degree is 4 years (Clinical Medicine is 5 years), Master’s Degree is 2-3 years, Doctoral Degree is 4 years.
IV. Applicant’s qualification
1. Non-Chinese citizenship, in good health condition.
2. Age limit:
Chinese language learners or general scholars must have a high school diploma or equivalent and be under the age of 50;
Senior scholars must have a master's degree or above and be under the age of 50;
Bachelor degree applicants must have a high school diploma and be under the age of 25;
Master degree applicants must have a Bachelor degree and be under the age of 35;
Doctoral degree applicants must have a Master degree and be under the age of 40;
3. Language requirements：
Applicants for diploma program taught in Chinese require to have the corresponding HSK results. Those who do not have HSK certificate must have 1-2 years of Chinese language study, and students need to pass it before starting major study. HSK level requirements are as follows：
Applying for Bachelor’ s:
Literature, History, and Philosophy: HSK Level 4 (210).
Chinese Language or BTCSOL: HSK level 4 (210), HSKK Intermediate Level (60).
Other majors: HSK level 4 (195)
Applying for Master’s or PhD:
literature, history, philosophy: HSK level 5 (180).
MTCSOL: HSK level 5 (210), HSKK Intermediate Level (60);
Other majors: HSK level 4 (210).
Applicants for diploma program taught in English require IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL 80 or other proof of their English proficiency, native English speakers do not require certificate of English proficiency.
V. Application Documents
Applicants must truthfully complete and submit the following application materials:
1. Online application form for international students of Lanzhou university (Need to register and apply through our online application service system: https://lzu.17gz.org/member/login.do )
2. Foreigner’s Physical Examination Form in Chinese or English. The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner’s Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The result is valid for 6 months, applicant is requested to determine the time for the medical examination accordingly. The original must be brought with you when you come to register
3. Notarized version of applicant’s diploma and certificate. (Documents in other languages must be attached with a notarized translation in Chinese or English. Senior students should provide certificate which can show their expected date of graduation. Original diploma must be presented when you come to register)
4. Notarized version of applicant’s transcripts. (Documents in other languages must be attached with a notarized translation in Chinese or English)
5. Two recommendation letters in Chinese or English by different professors or associate professors. (No need to provide this letter if applying Bachelor’s or general visitor.)
6. Personal Statement. Must include self introduction, education background and learning goals in Chinese or in English (no less than 800 words).
7. Non-criminal record report. The applicant shall submit a valid certificate of Non-Criminal Record issued by the local public security authority, usually issued within 6 months prior to the submission date of the application. If the applicant is unable to provide this document, as a substitute, the applicant could sign a non-criminal record commitment (Attachment 3).
8. Proof of economic status.
9. Proof of English or Chinese proficiency.(Must provide if applying diploma program)
10. Copies of applicant’s valid passport, applicants in China also need to provide a copy of the current valid visa page or residence permit page.
All the original materials above need to be scanned and uploaded to the registration system. Blurry or incomplete material is not accepted.
VI. Application procedure
1. Finish online application of international students service system of Lanzhou University. (https://lzu.17gz.org/member/login.do)
2. Complete the applicant form and upload all required materials.
3. Admission steps:
Preliminary review by School of International Cultural Exchange - related college review and interview - university final review - final admission.
4. Enquiry admission results (about mid-July).
The enrollment time for 2022 spring semester is March 2022, and for fall semester will be in September, 2022. The admission time for diploma program is generally in early September each year, the specific time will based on the Admission Notice. Students who have been admitted should strictly follow the requirements of China’s epidemic prevention policy, and come to the student affairs’ office of School of International Cultural Exchange, Lanzhou University to register on time, those who fail to register during the specified enrollment time will be disqualified from admission.
General visitors can apply for all majors that opened to international students.
VII. Contact Information
Miss Wang Shan
Mailing address: Office 703, Student activity center, School of International Cultural Exchange, Lanzhou University, 222 South Tianshui Road, Lanzhou 730000, Gansu Province, P. R. China